Sunday, July 4, 2010


Happy 4th of July! I wasn’t sure what kind of celebration we would have here in Peru, but we were all feeling quite patriotic and my host Dad generously agreed to have a party at our house for America’s Independence Day. Everyone brought food and drinks to share and we had quite an impressive array. Juliane and I managed to learn how to use Peruvian kitchenware/ovens and successfully made pasta salad and brownies. Our house is the perfect party spot- lots of space and a pretty outdoor garden. We celebrated what turned out to be a wonderful fusion of American and Peruvian traditions, complete with dancing and cajas of cerveza. I certainly missed fireworks and couldn’t help but think about everything going out on their boats in Charleston, but I couldn’t have asked for a better foreign Fourth of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment