Friday, July 9, 2010


Peruvian history is incredibly dynamic and full of fascinating eras and leaders. Today our Spanish language group visited the Museo de la Nación in Lima, which featured exhibits from every period of Peruvian history. The exhibit began with pottery and textiles still intact from 200 AD and earlier; it’s amazing to think about an artifact that has been around 1800 years longer than I have. Anytime I see artifacts like that, I love to imagine who first crafted it and what their life might have been like. Displays also featured the Inca dynasty and then led to the Colonial period and eventually to a really poignant photography exhibit highlighting the terrorism that was prevalent in Peru in the late 1980s and early 1990s.

After returning from our trip to Lima some of us went over to Libby’s house for a campfire. Her host family has an awesome back patio complete with a real fire pit where we roasted marshmallows and listened to those who play guitar. I felt like I was back at home sitting around a campfire in my backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment