Saturday, August 14, 2010

I am definitely excited to be so close to Trujillo for my service; we spent all day wondering around the city in circles, but enjoyed every moment of it. There are several parts of the town with cobblestone streets, intricate architecture, small plazas, and bright buildings, but also convenient malls and grocery stores as well as beaches within 20 minutes. We definitely have a lot of exploring to do before we really know where anything is, but wondering around is part of the fun of getting to know a new city. One of my favorite activities for the day was an adventure to get our hair cut. Four of us decided we would brave the Peruvian hairdressers, so we simultaneously sat in the salon chairs and shared nervous sideway glances as we braced ourselves for our “trims.” Halfway through our haircuts I hear Kim shriek “NO MAS CORTO!” (Not any shorter!). I think the entire process took less than 7 minutes, but as far as I can tell our hair at least looks somewhat even: not bad for 5 soles (about $1.75). They even threw in a free chocolate bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment